BootCamp installation problem on new iMac 24"

H

HeavyMetal

Hi everybody,

I have already ordered my 24" iMac, and should receive it tomorrow. However there is a "yet unofficial" problem which I cannot really find a solution, since the 24" model of the iMac is very new in the market.

There is already a topic open at the Apple's discussions pages "http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=637465&tstart=15" but let me summarize the situation, anyway.

There are only two tested computers so far. One of them is a 2.16ghz w/NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB ram (which works fine with the BootCamp and XP), the other one is 2.16ghz w/NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB (which does not work, screen goes blank after the installation).

When I ordered my iMac from MacMall.com, they were offering "XP pre-installed bundles" for iMac 24" models. But after receiving a note or press release from Apple people, they cancelled all the XP bundles for 24" iMacs only. Therefore I cancelled my bundle, too.

However when I called the Apple, they acted like they've never heard this. I've spoken three different tech-support personnel.

My question is has anyone had any problem with their new 24" iMac at the XP installation via BootCamp?

All inputs are highly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MOD NOTE:
Moved thread to the "Bootcamp: Windows, Linux and Other OS" thread that is stickied at the top of every forum.

Reaction score
I have not installed it on a 24 inch, but I suspect that Apple Tech Support has been told to keep quiet because Boot Camp is still a beta.

OP
W

wskwong

Got the same problem on the 24 inch iMac with NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB. Nobody seems to have any ideas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Give it a week and apple will probably update the boot camp drivers to support the new graphics card configuration.

Reaction score
I have same problem, please advise.

Hi everybody,

I have already ordered my 24" iMac, and should receive it tomorrow. However there is a "yet unofficial" problem which I cannot really find a solution, since the 24" model of the iMac is very new in the market.

There is already a topic open at the Apple's discussions pages "http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=637465&tstart=15" but let me summarize the situation, anyway.

There are only two tested computers so far. One of them is a 2.16ghz w/NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB ram (which works fine with the BootCamp and XP), the other one is 2.16ghz w/NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB (which does not work, screen goes blank after the installation).

When I ordered my iMac from MacMall.com, they were offering "XP pre-installed bundles" for iMac 24" models. But after receiving a note or press release from Apple people, they cancelled all the XP bundles for 24" iMacs only. Therefore I cancelled my bundle, too.

However when I called the Apple, they acted like they've never heard this. I've spoken three different tech-support personnel.

My question is has anyone had any problem with their new 24" iMac at the XP installation via BootCamp?

All inputs are highly appreciated.

Dear All,
I'm already using iMac 24" - Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 Ghz
Using BootCamp 1.1.2 and I'm install it with Ms. Windows Xp Pro (licensed)
but i can't find driver for NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT.
And the Windows very .. very ... very Slowly.
Some body can help me ?

Best regards,

Rohady.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.