SAD DAY, Cracked Screen Help

Reaction score
Title says it all, Macbook got bumped off table and it took a dive. Has a crack from the bottom middle to the right side. Not extremely horrible but definitely noticable. I do not have the Apple Care. Can anyone suggest where I can order a new one? If I must, I will make going to Apple my last place to go cause I figure it will be the most expensive place.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, AppleCare is more a warranty extension than an insurance policy. You'd be better claiming it on your home and contents cover.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
cazabam said:
Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, AppleCare is more a warranty extension than an insurance policy. You'd be better claiming it on your home and contents cover.
Yes, you are correct. Apple wouldn't repair this damage.

Reaction score
That is too bad. How did it get "bumped" of the table? That is crazy! People spilling drinks on MacBooks, knocking 'em off tables, dropping down steps...It seems that these poor laptops are getting neglected.

Reaction score
applecare is warranty, not "oops" insurance.
i think i'm going to ask my home owners insurance guy if i can tack in a 'laptop death by my idiocy' to my policy.

one thing i really liked about my dell; complete care. for a hundred fifty, i could drop it or spill beer on it and call dell, TELL THEM i broke my lappy and they fix it. wish mac had that. i'd by it in a second.

sad to say though sir, you're boinked.

you could buy a new LCD and put it in.... i think that really your only option is that or having a mac authorized repair cent do it (though its probly cheaper just to get a new one...)

sorry to hear though, that really bites; it could just as easily be any one of us (notice how slippery the case is? these things are designed to fly out of your hands)

Reaction score
Kevin msu, in your sig you have

MacBook owner since 7/15/06
13inch White, 2.0 ghz Pentium
My first Mac was a Powerbook 165c

What is the 2.0 ghz Pentium?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Unfortunately Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage like screen breaks, but it's good to schedule a Genius appointment anyway because you never know, maybe they'll fix it for free.

Ummm, I don't think so..... Not trying to be rude, but just don't want to see hopes raised for accidental damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Looks like your responding to a post from 2006 :p
I almost did this a few days ago too, I was looking at the "Get New" posts and there was a post in the list from 2008. I have no idea why it appeared in there seeing it should only have displayed new posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Looks like your responding to a post from 2006 :p
I almost did this a few days ago too, I was looking at the "Get New" posts and there was a post in the list from 2008. I have no idea why it appeared in there seeing it should only have displayed new posts.

There were a couple of spammers, spanners, or tools, if you like, who had brought it back from the dead, to which I responded.
Their posts have been removed, now my post looks bizarrely out of place, seeing that I quoted a post that isn't even there anymore :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There were a couple of spammers, spanners, or tools, if you like, who had brought it back from the dead, to which I responded.
Their posts have been removed, now my post looks bizarrely out of place, seeing that I quoted a post that isn't even there anymore :)

Yupp...I know exactly the threads you are referring to, that were on the forums about 10 hours ago (this morning in the US).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.