broken laptop:lost work

L

lindsayrose

My laptop broke this morning and i took it to a guy from apple who said i should reboot it because there is nothing that can be done. Unfortunately that means losing all the work on my hard drive. He siad that he could try and get the information off my hard drive but i don't have the money for it. Is there anyway that i can plug my computer into another and get the information off the hard drive. The computer starts up but doesn't go past the grey screen and some boot screen. Any help would be great thanks!

OP
T

Tigermac

:mac: Does OSX10.2 have Disk Utilities on the install disc? You could try running it and repairing the disc & repair disc permissions.
You can reinstal the system software by selecting Archive & install which moves your files to another folder then reistalls the system software. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Tigermac said:
:mac: Does OSX10.2 have Disk Utilities on the install disc? You could try running it and repairing the disc & repair disc permissions.
You can reinstal the system software by selecting Archive & install which moves your files to another folder then reistalls the system software. :mac:

I believe all of 10 does.

Reaction score
If all else fails then one final option is to take the laptop apart, remove the harddrive and connect it as a slave drive in another computer. If the data is still their then it should be transferable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.