Artwork fetch needs more.......

Reaction score
I was hoping Apple's fetch artwork solution was going to be a little more involved. It looks like it simply copies all the widgets that are out there and searches based on Album name.
I have a lot of MP3's with little information other that song name,artist name and the length of the song. i was really hoping Apple could do something like they do to fetch info on ripped CD's by analysing the size of the song file in combination with name and artist to search Gracenote for the correct Art and Album.
Without Album name there won't be any artwork for the song. Another solution would have been to load a collage of Artist artwork based on Artist name rather than simply leave it blank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
My biggest problem with the artwork fetch is that 2/3rds of my iTunes library has a blank 'dunno' graphic. If you can't buy your preferred musical flavour from the iTunes store then you'll get no album art unless you supply your own :(

Reaction score
I recently installed a widget simply called 'Album Art' and whenever I'm playing songs in iTunes and I bring the widgets to the forefront (F12) if the alb art is available it is displayed in the widget and there's an option to add the art to just the current song or to all songs from that album...it's great and has saved me so much time looking for the art myself....

Just thinkin' I'd like to put it to the test with some obscure song....haven't tried that yet!

OP
F
Reaction score
Those work very well.

Pulse-8 said:
I recently installed a widget simply called 'Album Art' and whenever I'm playing songs in iTunes and I bring the widgets to the forefront (F12) if the alb art is available it is displayed in the widget and there's an option to add the art to just the current song or to all songs from that album...it's great and has saved me so much time looking for the art myself....

Just thinkin' I'd like to put it to the test with some obscure song....haven't tried that yet!

but my problem is that i have quite a bit of downloaded songs with no album name. I will just have to manually add the album name i suppose, that is if I can locate the proper album since some artists release a song on multiple albums or multiple versions. The Album name is the key to finding the artwork - whether on iTunes or Amazon or whatever.

Reaction score
farmcock said:
but my problem is that i have quite a bit of downloaded songs with no album name. I will just have to manually add the album name i suppose, that is if I can locate the proper album since some artists release a song on multiple albums or multiple versions. The Album name is the key to finding the artwork - whether on iTunes or Amazon or whatever.

That was my problem too....had to manually edit hundreds of songs....good ol' copy'n'paste came in handy...just did a batch at a time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.