Downloaded a movie last night from iTMS..

Reaction score
took about 20 minutes. It was one I could never get to burn before. I have a 20" iMac so I carried it to my bedroom and watched the movie from bed . I like this but miss the extra features of DVD - also, for a few dollars more or maybe same price, you can purchase the DVD from Blockbusters' previously viewed section.
I like having Movies on my Mac - and I have some I ripped using 'Mac the Ripper' - but these are not in iTunes and not MPEG-4 - they only play using DVD player and not Front Row. It would be nice to convert them somehow.
At this point, I can't see paying $299 for the iTV. Like I said for a few dollars more or maybe even same price i could purchase the actual DVD from blockbuster and get more for my money.

I really think Apple missed the boat here on subscription service - or one time rental. It would be nice to do what I did last night WITH THE OPTION for a 48 hour rental at $4.99. That might make iTV more attractive to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
If you use handbrake you can rip your movies in mpeg-4 and play them in quicktime (which can be used in front row, right?). I don't see this movie thing catching on, but hey, hopefully I'll be wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
munch said:
If you use handbrake you can rip your movies in mpeg-4 and play them in quicktime (which can be used in front row, right?). I don't see this movie thing catching on, but hey, hopefully I'll be wrong.

I don't either.

A movie's usually only good once, so I'll go rent it for $3 rather than buying it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.