• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The internet is booorrriiinnnggg.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
As crazy as this sounds I cant think of anything interesting to do on the internet anymore. When I have free time I browse forums, check my stocks, research stuff, chat with friends a bit, and thats the extent of it nowadays.

It seems like the interent used to be so cool and so entertaining and now it is just a bore.

What do you guys do to entertain yourselves on the net?

ZzZzzzZzZZZzzZZzzz.....

john

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
It can be really exciting if you form multiple, interesting personalities and 'meet' others under them. :p

EDIT: adult entertainment quickly gets boring for most as well. ;)

S

sursuciofla

I agree though internet is pretty boring. But finishing my last semester of college and my girlfriend pretty much take up my time.

I know some people who enjoy Second Life but I haven't had any desire to fool around with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
OP
digital john
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Second life? Never heard of it..

Reaction score
It is boring, but it's useful too. Online shopping, email, information gathering etc. It's just that there's nothing exciting online and everything is plastered with advertising. Can't stand all those flash-based ads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
digital john.......

so what are you still doing here? :spook: :black: :) :) :)

Reaction score
well... 4-5 years ago, it was great... well at least that´s what i thought when i was like 14.. now... well.. i surf when i´m at work, i mean since i´m at the computer why not. But other then that it´s mostly my gf... oh, and some c++, archery and 3d when i have the time :p

But i really agree with too much ads poping up everywhere... THE FLASHY ADS MUST STOP!!! :p

-thondal-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.

i use Windows. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
digital john said:
As crazy as this sounds I cant think of anything interesting to do on the internet anymore. When I have free time I browse forums, check my stocks, research stuff, chat with friends a bit, and thats the extent of it nowadays.

It seems like the interent used to be so cool and so entertaining and now it is just a bore.

ZzZzzzZzZZZzzZZzzz.....

john

i'm glad i'm not the only one who felt like that. i just created a website... hopefully maintaining that will get interesting soon.

Reaction score
Being realistic, what would people want online to make it exciting again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
RSS readers have killed my browsing habits. Now I don't even have to check the news sites to see that nothing is happening in the world :(

Reaction score
i was just thinking the same thing tonight while on the midnight shift. no one on msn, no one on aim, no one on myspace...NOTHING to do :(

you can only beat motocross 2 on teagames.com so many times :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
the internet will inspire new people all the time and for those who have searched high and low on the internet may have lost interest and sinpriration, however if you search today you will find new stuff everyday using the same search..

how about trying a new search engine or new topic?
I find the internet as a helping hand most the time but i do get bored quickly..

I mostly few images, check reviews on many things and listen to good old www.di.fm when i can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Miniclip dot com.
Engadget. Updates once every 15 minutes with something usually very interesting.
Hack-A-Day. Teaches you how to build useless things.
IMdB. Read up on your favorite movies.

These are the rounds I make when I'm at work killing time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I agree, for such a big place, the internet is kinda boring.

OP
digital john
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish there was a way to make it cool again....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.