12" Powerbook Fan problem?

Reaction score
I have had my PB for around a year now, however, I recently sent it off to Apple to get my screen replaced (white dots problem.) When it came back, the fans appear to be running a lot more frequently than before and they make a rattling noise - it sounds as if the spinning fan was tapping something like a piece of paper or wire.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced these noises, and I wanted to know how long do your fans stay running after they kick in. Mine tend to kick in when i have itunes and safari (with a download) running - it seems to me that these apps should not cause the fans to spin - what are your thoughts.

Thank you all very very much, and have a great day!

OP
V
Reaction score
johnnymacuser said:
I had the same problem, always when using photoshop emptying the trash heavy downloads i found this solved the problem http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html

did you experience the ratteling? Thanks for the link, I will check it out... however, I dont feel that the fan should be making noise... expecially seeing as it has never done it before. Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.