watching tv over internet

A

andih

hey!

is there a possibility or an application to watch tv over the internet? i don't have a tv at home but would love to watch tv!

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
not sure if THIS is what you are looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I just purchased the EyeTV 250 from El Gato and it allows you to watch TV, record it, save it, etc.. it's pretty smooth :) http://www.elgato.com

OP
A

andih

yeah i saw that one, too! seems pretty interesting! how about the channels, do you get all channels? i am from germany, so i don't really how what channels you have, but i want to have the channel with shows Lost, 24, and of course i need espn :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I get all the channels I get through my cable provider since that is how it works. Unless you are wanting to get channels through the internet.. then I have no idea how you would do that and I doubt there is anything out there that does that... So you don't need a tv, but you do need to have some type of cable tv through a provider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15'' 1.5 ghz 2GB ram, 80 GB HD
the big tv chans dont broadcast over the internet .. so far i know..
what they been doing . you can watch the whole episode for some big shows the next day it airs.. like lost, 24 and desperate housewives ..(abc.com)
and now fox its doing it trou video.google.com for prison break
espn has the espn 360. they have some shows and clips and some live games but not all .. i watched a lot of worldcup games with that
http://broadband.espn.go.com/ivp/splash
but i think its only for verizon costumers
and theres tv4all.com but mainly christian chans broadcasting over the internet.
and theres always the pirate way :black: .. to download it with bittorent the next day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah and I think FOX or some other channels do show some of their shows online by going to their website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.