Safari Crashing...

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing Safari crashing regularly? It does not happen on any particular website either. I have repaired permissions and was wondering if Apple was going to release an update to address this or if it was just me.

Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I personally have not had that happen at all on my iMac G5, iBook G4 or Intel Core Duo mini. There have been a few times, maybe once or twice that Safari went away, but so rare I can not remember the last time it happened. A friend is having some issues with his Mac Pro and Safari on some Streaming music sites, but otherwise no problem that I know of.

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
Safari is basically the only browser I like to use--but I can't really pinpoint why it happens. I've sent the reports to Apple when it allows me to. Any other ideas as to "maintenance work" I could do to Safari besides reparing permissions and empty cache? Guess I will keep persevering and hopefully it will diminish eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
I have it happen sometimes, again its no particular site or time, it just shuts off.
I put up with it as its about as its not very often and it causes no real issues for me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You could also try doing a RESET in Safari. You loose settings but it if stops the problem it would be worth it. Also you might try finding the safari.plist and deleting that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.