optical drive in windows

Cam

Reaction score
how do you get the cd drive to go back in in windows using bootcamp? The eject button on the keyboard works for ejecting, but not for bringing it back in. Obviously I can push it, but I dont really want to. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
What kind of computer do you have? That would help...

If it's a MacPro, the only one without a slot-loading drive, I would just push the tray back in...or stay out of Windows. :p

Reaction score
surfwax95 said:
What kind of computer do you have? That would help...

If it's a MacPro, the only one without a slot-loading drive, I would just push the tray back in...or stay out of Windows. :p
Like your style :p

OP
C

Cam

Reaction score
Yeah its a mac pro. I have just been pushing it, and thats fine, but is there a way to get windows to retract the drive by pressing a button? Its not a big deal, but I'd like to get it all working nicely!

Reaction score
I believe if you right-click on the CD icon in My Computer and click "eject" it should work. I would just keep pushing it in, if I were you... that's easier :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.