BlackBook for just 40$ More For College Students

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. Actually I don't even have a Mac yet. I'm planning to get a MacBook. But I'm hearing about this "Showdown" going down tommorrow with Apple, and there may be a chance a better MacBook will be offered. Not too sure. But I was looking in these forums when I saw that people are complaining about the Blackbook being 150$ more just because it's black. I actually found out you get the Blackbook with 1GB Ram + 80 gig hd, compared to a white MacBook with 1GB Ram + 80 gig hd, the price difference is only 40$ difference. But in order to do so, you have to be a college student, and get the college discount. Moderators, I'm sorry if this item was posted before. I searched, and didn't see anything posted simliar to this. If there was, I must have missed it. Go easy on me >.< :blind: . So yeah College Students! Get that Cheaper Blackbook xD <btw do you get more discounts if your buy directly from the store? i hear you get 20% discount as a college student? <.< >

Also, I heard on the long run, the black book's key board smears from the oil from your hands and becomes shiny instead of a matte look. Is that true ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
yea it sorta bad but not really i just got an iskin protough for my blackboook works great

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Does iskins work on the keys also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
I don't know about the blackbooks.... They are still normal price....

I even went to the "student discount site" (USF) Doesn't work for me....

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
really ? cuz it works for me. go to apple.com click on the store tab and on the right side click Education, Savings for Students, Faculty and Staff. Click as a college student, choose your college, and you get to save. That's how I did it... Maybe they offer more discounts for certain colleges? o_O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
itsdaydrmer said:
really ? cuz it works for me. go to apple.com click on the store tab and on the right side click Education, Savings for Students, Faculty and Staff. Click as a college student, choose your college, and you get to save. That's how I did it... Maybe they offer more discounts for certain colleges? o_O

The original poster said the black Macbooks are only $40 more than the white one...

Not for me....

I get the regular student discount.....

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol depends on the set up u have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
itsdaydrmer said:
lol depends on the set up u have.

wow, that is lame...

In that case, You can make a macbook more expensive than a MBP, if you add all the options...

A

ahr113

Don't get a mac...my experience with them has been awful...granted windows isnt any good either, but at least youre not paying through the nose for one.

S

sursuciofla

ahr113 said:
Don't get a mac...my experience with them has been awful...granted windows isnt any good either, but at least youre not paying through the nose for one.

Well that's just your experience. For every one bad experience there are 99 great experiences if not more. And with Windows machines you have to pay for most of the software that you need, as opposed to Macs that come with just about all the software a regular user will need. If you compare the costs bewtween software and even hardware macs are cheaper than most windows machines.

Roo

Reaction score
ahr113 said:

Matching my Macbook up with an Alienware laptop with comparable screen size, HDD size, ram, and features, the Alienware laptop was a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than my Macbook.

Same with a Dell laptop with comparable specs.

Note: I have a white Macbook, 1 gig of ram, and 80 gig HDD

Reaction score
Well that's just your experience. For every one bad experience there are 99 great experiences if not more. And with Windows machines you have to pay for most of the software that you need, as opposed to Macs that come with just about all the software a regular user will need. If you compare the costs bewtween software and even hardware macs are cheaper than most windows machines.

as a lifelong windows user i can say that i never pay for any of the software that i use..albeit stolen i wouldnt use price of software as a selling point for macs

S

sursuciofla

Still even with software it is as much and a lot of times cheaper. A great computer and it is loaded with software. I added that to show the value you get. And you can't steal all of your software, there comes a point when you have to buy something and Apple provides it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.