It shuts down when I put it to sleep!

H

Hulk Hogan

Hello,

I have an iMac G5. When I put it to sleep, it shuts down. This also happens, I put it to sleep, I press a button on the keyboard, and then it shuts down. Why does it do that? Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do?

OP
S

sursuciofla

Hulk Hogan said:
Hello,

I have an iMac G5. When I put it to sleep, it shuts down. This also happens, I put it to sleep, I press a button on the keyboard, and then it shuts down. Why does it do that? Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do?

Why does it do that? I don't know

Has this happened to anyone else? I am quite sure

What should I do? Send it in if still under warranty

OP
H

Hulk Hogan

sursuciofla said:
Why does it do that? I don't know

Has this happened to anyone else? I am quite sure

What should I do? Send it in if still under warranty

OK, except I had it since Jan. 2005. I might take in to get it repaired.

So uh... can anyone who had this problem to reply? Maybe I don't have it to take it in to get it fixed.

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan said:
OK, except I had it since Jan. 2005. I might take in to get it repaired.

So uh... can anyone who had this problem to reply? Maybe I don't have it to take it in to get it fixed.

If it's still under warranty just take it back to them for diagnosis.

~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
Reset the SMU.

Reaction score
That's how it started out on my iMacG5. then progressed to going to sleep and not powering back on. My machine is over two years old and out of warranty, but Apple has a recall on first generation iMacs with power supply or video problems that covers three years. Took mine into the apple store and they replaced the power supply, no charge. to me it sounds like you're in the early stages of the power supply failing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.