Keyboard Commands for Use Without Mouse

N

NTL1991

Hi. I got my mac in today. My Apple Pro Keyboard Arrived today also, but my Pro Mouse didn't make it in time. What are the essential keys for using the OS without a mouse? I found a list for OSX, but some don't work...

How do I get into the Apple Menu (far left, top of screen)?
How do I open an application? Enter doesn't work.

Thanks,

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Ctrl + F2

Open an app with Command+O.

EDIT: D'oh, owned by the "Get New" menu. I didn't realize this was "Classic OS forum" and gave you commands for OS X... :p

OP
N

NTL1991

I've read that OSX has a Mouse Control thing where you can use the numpad to control the mouse. Is that possible with OS9?

Thanks,
Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Also, ANY USB mouse will work so if you have an extra one around you can use it until your other mouse comes.

OP
N

NTL1991

D3v1L80Y said:
Also, ANY USB mouse will work so if you have an extra one around you can use it until your other mouse comes.

Well, I'm a PC guy and the only thing close to a USB Mouse would be a PS/2 Mouse with a PS/2-USB Adapter but it's doesn't work. The mouse lights up (optical) but Mac OS doesn't recognize it.

Thanks,
Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NTL1991 said:
The mouse lights up (optical) but Mac OS doesn't recognize it.

Thanks,
Nick
What kind of mouse is it? The manufacturer's site might have driver downloads for OS 9. Would be worth checking out if you haven't already.

:black:

OP
N

NTL1991

It's some cheap-o $5 GE Optical Mouse. I also have a Compaq PS/2 Mouse and an Logitech Wireless PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Combo.

Thanks,
Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.