• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Management & Customers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Well today my day at work went so bad i almost ended up handing my notice in.

Having gone back to yesterday when my day was off work, i got phone calls from work which i ignored as i don't take work home with me "or least try"
i come in this morning and management said that a customer come in yesterday asking for my name and is making a complaint..

anyway having researched abit it turns out a colleague of mine said he was me on the phone for a laugh but he wont admit to it and now I'm faced with district manager raping my.

2nd thing was a customer is making a complaints against me because i didn't make his order fast yet I've rang the people up several times a day and kept the customer notified about when it would arrive and he thinks that i didn't do anything, management is yet again saying that i took the responsibility and should deal with it and take the complaint as its nobody else's fault? what about the vendor who is running rings around me.

So angry at Staples" i do not advice anybody to work for them.

i am now in the process of posting more cv's like i did 3weeks ago as I'm really angry at how management handle me and the situation

M

MJGUK

I don't know you as a guy and I only have one small bit of information to go on, but what I will say is that plenty of customers are just plain awkward.
There are many customers out there who just can't be pleased, it's impossible....In which case, that really isn't the fault of you or I, but the fault of the customer for being a complete misery :p Alas, it's you and I (The reps of the business) who will always carry the burden for the idiots of the world, we're stuck with it.

Don't beat yourself up about it, try and handle any such situation calmly and if you can honestly say you did your best and you work very hard for your company, you can't do anymore than that.
I've been in my current job for just over a month....In over a month I have met targets that a lot of the people who've been there for two years have not met. On Friday, I suggested a new staff motivation related protocol and it was implemented today......Now I'm a student, I do this job for three days a week alongside full time education and to be honest, I really do work very hard for these guys, yet any company will always want more, you will still always get the odd idiot you have to deal with, I have that every day and it never changes.

Fundamentally, if you can be honest with yourself and say you're doing a good job and you're working hard then you have nothing to be afraid of and you should be very proud of your efforts - Best of luck mate.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
thanks...

Im still in the process of moving to a more ideal job since my friend Jason and Mark (both Management) have left and two new members have taken there place and they are just complete gimps who have one view only.. i will be leaving soon.

Staples Suck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
My advice would be not to bad mouth the company on a forum site.
If anyone else who works for the same company should be members/visitors, this could potentially cause major backdraft.

We all have crappy days, my god I know I do, but I would be discreet.

Just my thoughts.

Anyway, from what you've said, it seems that this guy who pretended he was you needs to grow up and face up to what they've done. I'd be insisting he owns up, and if not, plead your case to management and hope that they will do a 'fact find' to try and come to the truth before they do anything.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the company from staff point of view in the last 6months have concluded the same.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it appears that the four days have choosen how things will end up, i have been moved onto paper supplies and away from my skilled laptop & networking selling. tomorrow i hand my notice in for the 5th and hope to leave to Vodafone as i have an interview coming up with them.

I feel realy bad after a year and so of hard work and overtime and i get treated like this because of a new manager.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.