Dual Booting

A

acestu

Hi there

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if i can set up a dual boot on my mac, i have a G4 quicksilver and i have just bought a new hard drive and installed tiger on it, however my old drive has panther on it and a lot of stuff that i want to use, so if i could have the option at startup to booting off :eek:neye: tiger or panther that would be great, i'm sure somebody out there will know how to do this...

Thanks In Advance
Acestu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If both hard drives are connected, holding down the Option/Alt key before the chime will give you a menu and you can choose which OS to boot.

OP
A

acestu

Nice One

Thanks for the info Surfwax, I will give it a twirl

Cheers
Acestu :biohazard

OP
A

acestu

Woops

Sorry forgot to ask do you have to set the drive jumpers to both masters or master and slave, or does it not matter...

Thanks Again
Acestu :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the Quicksilvers support Cable Select, then set both drive jumpers to CS.

Otherwise, (I'm not sure of this) set the drive you use most to Master and the other to Slave, but OS X should still see both drives when booting with Option/Alt held down.

OP
A

acestu

Thanks Again

Thanks for the info M8

Sorry i double posted but i realised that this is software and not hardware so i put it in there aswell

cheers
Acestu :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem, post back with results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.