Hi! and monitors for my (hopeful) new Mac Pro...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
Hi all,

New to the forum, but not to the Mac world. Was drug into the Mac world Kicking and screaming and am now a mac disciple...anyway. I am curently running a G4 sawtooth, a G4 powerbook and am doing mostly professional audio editing, but getting into video to expand the biz. A mac pro is in the near future (i.e. when the wife OK's it) and I'm contemplating on monitors. I've pretty much decided on two standard computer monitors vs. a 26" LCD TV for Pro Tools editing, but I need to know what are the best monitors for compatibility with the Mac Pro. I know the Cinema displays are great, but I'm a Business Professional for Best Buy and can get some killer discounts on standard and widescreen monitors. If I go non-mac i'm looking at the Gateway FPD-1975 that has looked nice on the shelf and looking at doing two of them. Any and all comments/criticisms welcome. :)

Howie J.

P

pbook24

isnt best buy getting apple soon? if they are id def go mac pro with cinema display(s). If not id go mac pro with the best monitor you can get at best buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
My first choice.. Apple Displays.. Second Choice... Dell Displays.. Third Choice.. nicest one they have a best buy.. I don't know much about best buy, I don't know if they sell apple or dell there, but hope you find something you like.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.
Unfortunately, we don't sell apple.....YET. See the post in the rumors section and dell is online only. The only dell that was released in a retail store was last holiday at a costco in CA somewhere. Thanks for the input everyone.

Howie J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.