Downloading Problem with Safari

Reaction score
Got a user using Safari to download some files from the Internet. Seems like the download couldnt get through. Tried the same download from windows IE and works perfectly.

Is there any security patch needed or some configuration needs to be change. Im new to MAC

Hope someone will help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
utawakevou said:
Got a user using Safari to download some files from the Internet. Seems like the download couldnt get through. Tried the same download from windows IE and works perfectly.

Is there any security patch needed or some configuration needs to be change. Im new to MAC

Hope someone will help
What files?
What site?
What version of Safari?
Any other specifics would help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, we'd need to know the type of file first.

One thing I've found that (mac) IE downloaded better, was web archives. I don't think Safari has many (or any) options for web archives.

edit: that link you just posted (in the quote) returns with a 404 error. Was that where you're trying to download the file from? Since you said it was a font, it's likely that it may have been a windows font, and may not work on mac. That doesn't really explain the 404, but could be a potential problem as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What is the main page for that site? The link you gave isn't loading in Safari or Firefox. I typed in www.typenow.net and it is coming back as an invalid URL.

OP
U
Reaction score
Ok lets forget the web site. Its any website that they access for downloading. Tried firefox from another mac and all is good. The problematic mac doesnt have firefow or any other browser

OP
U
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
That website worked for me using Safari 2.0.4

Could there be any other thing/configuration that I need to check/change on the Safari browser..etc. OS versiion is 10.4.7.Please advice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.