downloading help.

B

blacklagoon

i was wondering if someone could help me out over a problem i have with downloading.everytime i try to download anything,from games to software,i keep getting blank pages instead of the download manager or i keep getting redirected back to the download page.most sites i try: download.com tucows.com,apple.com etc etc,all redirect me or give me a blank page.
i am using a macintosh os 9,upgraded to os 9.2.2 it is an imac G3 400.
i cannot reinstal my os 9 disc,because a disc of diablo 2 is stuck inside the slot loading section,it just will not come out at all.so i am hoping someone can help me find a way,without having to reinstall my os 9 discs.
i have tried directly clicking the download buttons on the sites,and letting the site and browser do it all,but it does not work.i have also tried clicking and holding the link,and choosing download link to disc,but that does not work either.i am having the problems with internet explorer 5.1 and netscape navigator,both the latest,and last, mac os 9.2.2 versions.
any help would be most appreciated.
thank you.

Reaction score
blacklagoon said:
i was wondering if someone could help me out over a problem i have with downloading.everytime i try to download anything,from games to software,i keep getting blank pages instead of the download manager or i keep getting redirected back to the download page.most sites i try: download.com tucows.com,apple.com etc etc,all redirect me or give me a blank page.
i am using a macintosh os 9,upgraded to os 9.2.2 it is an imac G3 400.
i cannot reinstal my os 9 disc,because a disc of diablo 2 is stuck inside the slot loading section,it just will not come out at all.so i am hoping someone can help me find a way,without having to reinstall my os 9 discs.
i have tried directly clicking the download buttons on the sites,and letting the site and browser do it all,but it does not work.i have also tried clicking and holding the link,and choosing download link to disc,but that does not work either.i am having the problems with internet explorer 5.1 and netscape navigator,both the latest,and last, mac os 9.2.2 versions.
any help would be most appreciated.
thank you.

When you say the disc is stuck, is the tray closed? If there is a small hole next to the tray, I can't remember if there is, but if you insert a paper clip into the hole, it will force the cd to eject.

Otherwise restart the Mac, and hold down the mouse at the same time, this should eject the cd.

OP
B

blacklagoon

Pulse-8 said:
When you say the disc is stuck, is the tray closed? If there is a small hole next to the tray, I can't remember if there is, but if you insert a paper clip into the hole, it will force the cd to eject.

Otherwise restart the Mac, and hold down the mouse at the same time, this should eject the cd.

thank you for your kind response.unfortunately,i have been trying to eject the disc by inserting a paper clip in the small hole,but it never works.my imac is a front slot loading version.i have just tried restarting my mac,and holding down the mouse at the same time,but it does not eject the disc.all i get when i try all methods,is a whirring sound,as it tries to eject the disc.the disc just gets stuck,before it reaches the slot entrance.i have tried numerous ways,including pushing the disc back inside using another disc,and using a paper clip inside the hole,but nothing works.
thank you for suggesting the method of disc ejection by restarting and holding down the mouse,i never knew of that method before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.