using azureus, but it says firewalled?

Reaction score
I'm using azureus to download somethinig nad it says that its firewalled... I ahve the port open for it, and also shut the firewall off from the sharing folder, but it still says firewalled... on the PC it works fine, so that the router's firewall is off too (I checked)

any idea why its saying this guys? perhaps another firewall somewhere that I dont know about? thx :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
have you checked to make sure azureus is set to the right port that you want to use

OP
T
Reaction score
oops

i meant to put this in the software section lol

and yes I did :p

seems likeI cant delete it, so the mods can delete it, I will post it there now

Jem

Reaction score
I found on my router I had to configure it to forward the specific port to the specific IP address that my iMac was sitting on - if you have a PC on the network as well, is it possible your router is passing inbound connection requests to the PC rather than the iMac?

OP
T
Reaction score
Jem said:
I found on my router I had to configure it to forward the specific port to the specific IP address that my iMac was sitting on - if you have a PC on the network as well, is it possible your router is passing inbound connection requests to the PC rather than the iMac?

at the time pc wasnt even on :(

Jem

Reaction score
Ummmm whether the PC is on or not is not really relevant though.

If your router is set up to forward port 6689 (? is that right ?) to the IP of your PC then regardless of whether the PC is on or off, incoming requests will be forwarded to THAT IP address, not the IP address of your Mac.

Azureus will then think it's firewalled (and indeed it is as incoming requests will not be received by your Mac at all).

Hope this helps a bit?

OP
T
Reaction score
Jem said:
Ummmm whether the PC is on or not is not really relevant though.

If your router is set up to forward port 6689 (? is that right ?) to the IP of your PC then regardless of whether the PC is on or off, incoming requests will be forwarded to THAT IP address, not the IP address of your Mac.

Azureus will then think it's firewalled (and indeed it is as incoming requests will not be received by your Mac at all).

Hope this helps a bit?

according to the tcp/ip settings, my ip was xxxxxxxx.104

so I opened up port 52525 for xxxxxx.104 on the router... then forward azureus to port 52525, it said port is open (the OK! thing) but still said firewalled... :(

Jem

Reaction score
Ok, now I'm home I can cross-check my settings... here's what I have opened up on my router (NAT setup):

TCP 6881 - 6889
UDP 31797
TCP 31797

And on my OS X Firewall:

TCP Ports 6881, 31797
UDP Ports 31797

I don't know where your port number of 52525 comes from?? Doesn't sound familiar to me at all (but I did get the port number wrong earlier of course :D)

Try out these settings and let me know if you have any success? Azureus has a handy NAT / Firewall checker built in but I guess you already know that?

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
Jem said:
Ok, now I'm home I can cross-check my settings... here's what I have opened up on my router (NAT setup):

TCP 6881 - 6889
UDP 31797
TCP 31797

And on my OS X Firewall:

TCP Ports 6881, 31797
UDP Ports 31797

I don't know where your port number of 52525 comes from?? Doesn't sound familiar to me at all (but I did get the port number wrong earlier of course :D)

Try out these settings and let me know if you have any success? Azureus has a handy NAT / Firewall checker built in but I guess you already know that?

Good luck!

i just downloaded azureus and im getting a NAT error.. since im new at this i dont know what number to put in.. can someone help me please.

also im running at a 512mb of ram.. should i be using azeurus?

ok now it from the azereus website i got..
- Pull down the Apple menu, select System Properties, click Network. In the pull-down Show: select the network interface in use. Click tab TCP/IP and look for the line Router.
-Open a Terminal window, type the command ipconfig getoption en0 router (where en0 is the name of the interface in use)

whats is a terminal window?

Reaction score
Transmission works much better for me - I was always getting NAT errors with Azereus and use Airport express as my router which does not allow you to change the settings that could fix the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.