Bootcamp loads Windows by Default when starting up. How do I change to Mac default?

Reaction score
How do I tell Bootcamp to load Mac by default and not Windows by default? I don't want to hold down the alt key every time I boot my computer because I use Mac WAY more than I use Windows.

Help Please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
In windows go to Control Panel -> Startup Disk and select the OS X folder. Or if you are in OS X go to System Preferences -> Startup Disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Go to system preferences-> startup disk and set the windows xp partition as your startup disk.

Reaction score

Hi,
I tried these steps, but I couldn't find Startup Disk in the Control Panel, and now I'm stuck, I don't know how to make Mac default??!! :( pls HELP !!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reboot your machine to OS X. (hold down OPTION key when rebooting and select your MacIntosh HD) Once in OS X, go to System Preferences, Startup Disk, and choose your MacIntosh HD as the default.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.