my old programs

G

Gamer

So if i switch
What willl happen to all my programs, games even my exsternal hard drive all build for windows?

Is there some way to keep them PLEASE tell me?

Thanks,
Gamer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
External Hard Drives can be reformatted for Macs and I am pretty sure that OS X can read the FAT32 hard drives.

Most programs will not work on the mac but if you look on the system requirements some of them are hybrids that work on both platforms.

OP
S

StarManta

trpnmonkey41 said:
External Hard Drives can be reformatted for Macs and I am pretty sure that OS X can read the FAT32 hard drives.

Most programs will not work on the mac but if you look on the system requirements some of them are hybrids that work on both platforms.

Yes, just pop in a hard drive and it'll work just fine. Macs can read any filesystem I've run across (including both Windows filesystems, FAT32 and NTFS) although it can't write on NTFS.

Looks for hybrids, or Mac versions, or you could run virtual pc with some of them. There is a Mac equivalent to every PC program (in my experience, usually better than the PC program), although as I'm sure you're afraid of, money is often an issue.

If you're looking for software, just ask around on this forum, and I'm sure someone can recommend a program for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.