Please help me with file transfer info

Y

yakmasterjack

hi, my mom got a power book g4 about 6 months ago that i took over and loaded about 8 gigs of music on, however i have a new emac arriving tomorrow. what is the best way to transfer all this music from comp. to comp?. i have an airport extreme system and the emac will have a card, is it possible over that?i know about using firewire as well, read about it in the help icon, but con someone further explain the best way to do this and how i can do it? thanks for your time and much needed help
-Jack-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Forgot to mention…

Yes you can transfer it over the Airport network, but with 8gb it would likely take hours to complete.

OP
Y

yakmasterjack

yeah, i think that sounds like the best way to do it. need to run down and get a firewire cable after school. thanks so much for your help and link, both very useful. thanks again
-Jack-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Burn it to a disk and copy it over? ethernet.. fw..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.