using mini as a media centre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Hey,

When I get my Mac Pro (ooh I can't wait!) I though I would use my MacMini as a media centre attached to my TV. Have a 40" Samsung HD LCV tv so think it is gonna be good.

Will I be able to use freeview (free digital in UK). Will I be able to record it? Is it easy to set up? I'm gonna go and google now but reckon some of you guys may have done this already and will be able to give me some good pointers!

Ad :biohazard

Reaction score
Would the integrated graphics be enough for this kind of application? I'd imgine that any flaws there might be (due to lack of dedicated graphics) would be magnified to a frustrating extreme. Or... not? People, what's the verdict? I'm very interested in a mini myself, and it's only the graphics question that has me... questioning!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I've not got round to hooking it up to the tv to know. But it runs EyeTV brilliantly and also Vista with its aero thing on. As soon as I've tried it I'll let you know but not sure when that will be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.