Why are used Macbooks so cheap

K

killahkosha

On the craigslist in my local area i notice that the going rate for a white or a black macbook is about $600, about half of the original msrp of not too many months ago. I am just wondering why it is that they got to be so cheap so fast, I really want one but i just want to make sure that there is nothing wrongwith them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd be careful with craigslist offers.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

OP
K

killahkosha

Aptmunich said:
I'd be careful with craigslist offers.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Well I'm not talking about the rare extremely cheap flukes all of the macbooks on craigslist are like $600 to $700

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, with a student's discount, the macbook only costs around 970$, so a used model would probably only cost around 700-800 anyway.

I'd still be careful though, even though there are lots of them, they might still be fraudulent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Personally, I would be cautious to purchase any used system that is less than 6 months old from someone, no matter what the price. I wouldn't trust someone who is selling something that soon after they themselves purchased it brand-new.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with DB. Sounds quite fishy to me. Also I can get that for my 1.33Ghz iBook on Ebay. I would be very careful with prices like that on such a new Mac.

OP
P

pbook24

new macbook with edu discount isn't 970. the cheapest one is 1050, plus tax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah sorry, I mixed up the €*and $ prices there...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.