Running PC Games

B

b dub

Hi,
I was told that now Macs are using Intel Processors that I would be able to play PC games through virtual PC. Is this true and if so, will the games run properly?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz | 1GB RAM | 256MB VRAM | Mac OS X 10.4.7
Actually the counterpart of the virtual pc is BooTCamp. With BootCamp, you will be able to have another partition in your computer (Windows). So to answer your question, yes all Windows games will run..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually probably more accurately, the counterpart to Virtual PC is Parallels desktop.

It lets you run OS X simultaneously with Windows XP. Boot camp enables you to setup a dual boot system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Crossover is still very experimental, rely on bootcamp for full compatibility with windows, crossover is for early adopters and daredevils, but I wouldn't call it reliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Aptmunich said:
Crossover is still very experimental, rely on bootcamp for full compatibility with windows,

I would take that a step further and say to rely on a Windows-designed/intended PC for full compatibility with Windows.
BootCamp itself is still technically a beta software.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is still in beta, but unless you're going to run business-critical software on there, I wouldn't worry so much about the 'beta' part.

The only time boot camp could mess up is during the actual installation, and it's recommended you back up beforehand anyway.

Worst case scenario: You can't run your games immediately... but it'll work on the second try.

Reaction score
b dub said:
Hi,
I was told that now Macs are using Intel Processors that I would be able to play PC games through virtual PC. Is this true and if so, will the games run properly?

Thanks

This great write up will help you:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=254398&postcount=1

Crossover is bleeding-edge technology at the moment, while Boot Camp has been around for a while so there are lots of write-ups to learn from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.