Ibook

A

andrewsexton

Hi,

I am another first time MAC user converted from using a PC hehe. Am getting an IBOOK 1.42mhz with 512mb ram. Just wondering what is the max ram I can upgrade this IBOOK to? Also what is the best program to run xp on?

cheers

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The max ram is 1.5gb (512 is onboard, and you have 1 slot available which can take 1 stick)

Virtual PC is your only way of running XP on it but it is such a terrible program its not even worth it

OP
F

fernando87

I have an additional 512kb of RAM and I'm not having any problems with it, but I would advise you to go all out and buy the 1GB since you only have one additional slot and upgrading to 1.5GB after that will be expensive.

About Windows XP on Virtual PC, don't even try it. I have iBook 1.42Ghz w/1GB of RAM and I tried a decimated version of XP as well as Win2k, and they were both slow. If you absolutely NEED to run it, go with Win2k on Virtual PC, but you're better off ignoring Windows altogether with Virtual PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.