macbook battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
i thought i read that li ion batteries as in the macbook
lasted longer, or gave better life if you keep them
fully charged, as often as possible.

i.e keep them on charge

or is it better to charge them less often?
and run from the battery :doctor: :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
it's usually not good to recharge the battery constantly if you have used only part of it....wait to charge it until the battery is nearly empty. It developes a bit of a memory and will shorten the length of battery time over time. Keep it constantly plugged in if you need to, it wont hurt it. But only after it has had a FULL charge from being nearly dead, don't start charging it when the battery is at say half way, wait till its dead before u charge it and you'll have a battery that lasts longer over time

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
battery

hey - thanks for the info :batman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
hmm...looks like the li-ion batteries do not suffer from memory effect. you said this is the type of batteries our macbooks use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
"Li-ion batteries do not suffer from the memory effect. They also have a low self-discharge rate of approximately 5% per month, compared with over 30% per month and 20% per month in nickel metal hydride batteries and nickel cadmium batteries, respectively"

Thats from wikipedia, so I would guess not. I should read the links that I post. :yinyang:

[edit]
Tech Specs from apple website:
"Battery and power
15-inch MacBook Pro
60-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) providing up to 4.5 hours of battery life(1)
17-inch MacBook Pro
68-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) providing up to 5.5 hours of battery life(1)"

Not the same as a Li-Ion, as I just looked. Here is the wikipedia on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-polymer

Looks like its a newer version of it, but doesnt say if it has memory effects.
[/edit]
--lifeafter2am

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.