Reconnect network shares on connect to wireless network

Reaction score
Well, I've taken the plunge and switched 2 days ago. So far I'm loving it, and don't think I'll ever look back. Even though I'm further out of my comfort zone than ever before, I'm enjoying the challenge.

I wonder if anyone can help me out with this query though. My network consists of 2 windows pcs, a pc laptop and my shiny new macbook. One of my pcs is acting as a fileserver (simply running xp) and I would like my MacBook to connect up a few important shares to it upon connection to my wireless network. Is there any way that I can trigger a script to run when the MacBook connects to my wlan, getting it to map these drives? If I can do it on login, fair enough, but I tend to just put the book in sleep mode, so it would be best if it could be triggered simply by a connection to the wlan (also this means that it wouldn't try to map the drives when logging in away from the lan)

Is this possible?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.