Need a dock station that allows me to play music through it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
I have a 4GB iPod Mini, and while I love it, I just hate having earplugs when I try to sleep. So I wanted to know if there are any good dock stations for my iPod Mini so I could play my music through that and sleep without having the discomfort of earplugs/headphones.
Thx! :)

Reaction score
A mate has the Bose SoundDock and he loves it, even comes with a remote control. I think it's less than $300US, not sure though. There's quite a few of these type of things around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
i have the altec lansing iPod inMotion and its okay. good for if you're just going to sleep to it, as you won't have it that loud anyway.

BUT, eBay it. i got one for thirty bucks. don't pay retail.

and i also have, which i HIGHLY recommend if you want to use it for general, during the day use (though its not as portable as the inMotion), is the JBL product, JBL onStage . it has more bass and sounds great. again though, eBay this stuff. the mark up is RIDICULOUS on iPod accessories and there are a lot of people that buy these with unrealistic expectations. its not a 5.1 DTS 300w system. its a little, convienient solution to not wearing headphones.

those are the two that i have.
jbl is in the bathroom and the inMotion is set on top of my eliptical machine. work outs breeze by when you watch episodes of stuff! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, the JBL OnStage is pretty nice... there are 2 versions out: one with & one without remote control...

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think if I end up getting the JBL OnStage it will be without the remote. It will be placed right next to my bed (on top of my night stand), so I do not see the value in inquering a remote controller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'08 Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, Mercury SSD, 3x WD HDDs, Radeon 5770
If you have a shelf stereo already, you could also just get a $3 minijack to rca cable and play the ipod through your stereo, that's what I do. Just an inexpensive suggestion

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would that work with my Logitech Z-5500?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I imagine it would. Looking at the product sheet for your system it says it can connect up to 6 audio sources, which I assume means that it has 6 sets of audio inputs. You can find the cables almost anywhere, I bought a 6' one at Wal-Mart and I'm pretty sure it was $2.99, maybe $3.99.

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am going to give it a try then.
I am just going to radio shaq and see what they are going to advise me (if anything at all)...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool, let us know how it works out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.