Closing Macbook

Reaction score
When I'm listening to music, I don't really need to leave my macbook open, but when I close it, the music stops. What can I do to make it so that closing the macbook doesn't send it into hibernation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Notebooks by default are meant to sleep with the lid closed.
The only way to leave it running when the lid is closed is to attach an external mouse, keyboard and monitor.... kind of overkill.
Just leave it open and dim the display all the way down.

:black:

OP
A
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
Notebooks by default are meant to sleep with the lid closed.
The only way to leave it running when the lid is closed is to attach an external mouse, keyboard and monitor.... kind of overkill.
Just leave it open and dim the display all the way down.

:black:

well, i had a toshiba before and there was a way (in perferences) that I could handle this. Are Macs not capable of doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Try using the search button up at the top of the forum. This has been discussed many times and you'll hopefully find an answer.

Reaction score
I also recieved my macbook today and was wondering the same thing....I did a search and came up with nothing so if somebody knows something I don't passing on the info would be much apreciated.
Thanks-

Reaction score
so after searching, i've came to a conclusion that the only way to do this is if you have an external keyboard or mouse connected?

right?

that sorta sucks :-/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.