Installer package

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
B&W G3, 400 MHz, 10.3; 2 GHz Gateway with WinXP and Debian Linux dual-boot
I have a program that I wrote that I want to distribute. It runs in Pure Data, which is a free open-source programming environment. So essentially people will have to run Pure Data and then open my program in it. Fortunately, Pure Data is totally free, in that I may copy it and distribute it with my program. I already created an installer for Windows that puts all the files in the right directories and then runs a batch file to tell Pure Data to open my file, so the user only has to click one thing to run my patch.

Is there a way to do this in OSX? I'm overwhelmed with too much info on OSX on the internet, and little on making installers.
Thanks.

-Chuckk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The Mac OS X Developer tools include a program that eases the making of packages.

They are on your Install disks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
surfwax95 said:
The Mac OS X Developer tools include a program that eases the making of packages.

Unfortunately, I'm using university computers. I figured out how to write a short shell file to start my program, but this still has to be started from the command line, and it doesn't seem to work all the time.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
surfwax95 said:

I figured out how to create a .command file that I can click to execute; but it doesn't know the folder from which it was called, only the home folder of the current user; and it won't allow me to pass startup flags to the application I'm opening.
I don't know where my users will put the folder with all this stuff, so I'd like to make the commandline know where the folder is. Is there any way to do this in a .command file?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.