I lost my "sent" emails from my Mail 2.1

M

Mordejai37

Hi everybodry,
I need your help. Yesterday I made some changes in my pop3 email account (I changed the outoing server) and after that all the messages that I had in my Sent folder dissapeared. I had more than 8 months of sent files there!!!
I looked at the library/mail/sentmessages.mbox but I just found a few of them.

Could somebody help me to find and restore those messages?

Thanks a million,

Mordejai
PowerBook G4 1.5, 12"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1; Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.4 GHz
I too just discovered that my Apple Mail v4.6 (1085) "Sent" folder only lists the mssgs I sent in the past 4 days; ALL previous sent messages - back for several years!! - seemingly are lost. I did nothing intentional to the software. I just returned to my ADSL and while away struggled w ratty wifi signals. There were the usual complaints of, to paraphrase, "can't use the smtp server - chose another," and infinitely slow progress completing Mail's tasks displayed in the Activity window--probably more than once Mail was not allowed to complete them, when I had to put the Mac to sleep [also not unusual]. Other than those, I can think of nothing that might be the cause of this loss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
2.1 is pretty old, but as a suggestion both of you go into Mail Preferences > Accounts >Mailbox Behaviour and check to see what is set up under Delete Sent Message after .....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.