Laptop Bag for MPB 17" ?

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question has been beaten to death, but I've got to ask:

What are my options for a carrying case for a 17" MBP.

I've looked at what Mac and Targus offer, and sadly enough I find a lot of the designs ugly as sin. I'm just looking for a nice, simple enough bag, one strap. Something that can carry a notebook or two when I go to school.

I found the macbook sleeve by Applesac, but then again.

Anything? Thanks guys.

and I've very new to the site. I wanted to say kudos for a very nice job.

Reaction score
I just finished a very long search for just the right bag. I am a student so I wanted something I could carr my books and other supplies in as well. I ended up getting a laptop backpack. Along my search i found alot of websites, here are a few:

www.dakine.com
www.crumplerbags.com (annoying website design)
www.timbuk2.com
www.clivebags.com

There are also some other great distribution sites. These are good places to save some money.

http://www.computerbags.com/soft_cases.html
www.ebags.com (where I got mine)
www.zappos.com (surprisingly good selection)
www.backcountry.com

There are a ton more as well. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Believe it or not, the one I liked best after looking at many places for a good deal is a Samsonite Model: 250111190. Although I have a 15.4 inch one, it's a large case, fits everything, has non-scratchy material inside, a great shoulder strap and comfortable handles and should fit a 17". It's at Sam's Club for $34.

Great deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.