Stuffit Expander

N

nribbens

Hi guys,

I am brand new to the mac/powerbook scene and need some help!

I brought a Powerbook g4 12" and loaded everything on that was included with it, I then tried to install some software and got the message stuffit expander has unexpectedly quit. So i went to stuffit.com d/l the new expander but when trying to install the message came up again. I got so angry :p I chucked the whole of expander in the waste bin.. i am stuck.. please help me someone!

OP
B

Beni-G

nribbens said:
Hi guys,

I brought a Powerbook g4 12" and loaded everything on that was included with it, I then tried to install some software and got the message stuffit expander has unexpectedly quit. So i went to stuffit.com d/l the new expander but when trying to install the message came up again. I got so angry :p I chucked the whole of expander in the waste bin.. i am stuck.. please help me someone!

I don't know if you have found a solution yet but when i tried installing from a CD this happened to me so I copied the file to the desktop, doubled clicked on it and it worked fine

OP
C

ctrl_c_hammer

me too!

nribbens said:
Hi guys,

I have had the EXACT same problem with Stuffit Expander on my 12" G4 PowerBook as well. It's prevented me from installing any apps that come as .bin .sit .hqx files and it's really annoying. I've had my PowerBook for just over a year now, and I've still not found a solution (have tried upgrading Stuffit, have tried formatting HD and starting over, have tried upgrading OS from 10.2.1 to 10.2.8 - yet to try Panther, and have searched forums far and wide). I am beginning to wonder if it's an isolated problem with the 12" PB... but that doesn't really make sense.

What OS version are you running?

Any advice/help/guesses/solutions/jokes would be most appreciated! :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What version of stuffit expander are you using or trying to use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.