My Very First MAC!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, im going to get my first mac ever!
yay!
umm i have a choice of a macbook or macbook pro
before u say anything.. im using it for year 11 and i am a good boy haha
Im getting it from Indonesia but the specs for each are as follows
Macbook 2.0 Ghz, 512 RAM, 64mb vcard, 80 HDD, 13"
Macbook Pro 2.0 Ghz, 512 RAM, 128mb vcard, 80 HDD, 15"

the price difference between the two is like 600 bucks US
and this is quite alot considering that i wont use this macbook for games if u are wondering that. I am just wondering what kind of specs will be suitable for the macbook coz thats wat im leaning towards, not the pro. I want to know like what ram i should get and whether the macbook would be compatible with counter strike source, my friend was asking that

please reply coz i need help in this, thanks =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
I would get the MacBook and fill it with as much RAM as you can afford to buy.

Hope this helps
pphking

D

Devikman

pphking said:
I would get the MacBook and fill it with as much RAM as you can afford to buy.

Hope this helps
pphking

he makes a good point. I am eventually when I get the money gonna put in another 512-1GB of Ram

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
Devikman said:
he makes a good point. I am eventually when I get the money gonna put in another 512-1GB of Ram

Isn't 1 GB of RAM enough?? is the macbook able to play FIFa06 and if not can i upgrade the Graphics Card???
Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i got 2 and its plenty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
no you cant upgrade the processor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
and no, Counter-Strike Source isn't available for the Mac, and I only had a quick search but couldn't find Fifa '06 for the Mac either.

You'll soon realize that this is the Mac's greatest downfall :)

EDIT: I keep forgetting about Boot Camp (http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/) - This lets you install Windows on your MacBook, which will allow you to play games on it (although you'll need to shut down OS X and boot up windows)

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
i called up apple and they said that an apple retail store can upgrade the graphics card for you and that if you use boot camp, any windows game should work with the macbook as long as the requirements match the macbook, if anyone out there has a macbook and it can play games can u please tell me and which games??
THANKS!

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it is for 1 or 2 gb of ram installed? I think im too scared to do it myself.

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
you can upgrade through apple, i think it costs like 100 bucks to double ur ram
anyway ANSWER MINE FIRST!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
dont pay apple to upgrade, u can get 2gb for like 160 and its soooo easy to install. just pop out the battery, unscrew 3 screws, pull the lever to pop out the ram modules, pop in the new ram modules, screw the screws back in, and pop back in battery and ur done. dont worry, it doesnt void the warranty and if u need more specific instructions check out apples website. oh and check out newegg.com for the ram, thats where i found it to be cheapest!

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
Cant Make Up My Mind

ARGH
IM SORRY FOR CONTINUALLY POSTING THIS QUESTION but im in such confusion!!

MACBOOK OR MACBOOK PRO!?

Im using this laptop for yr 11, 12 and maybe 1st and second yr uni

i will be using it for computer science, which i think will require programs such as..
flash,dreamweaver,photoshop cs2,fireworks

i dont exactly know what kind of programs are definitely going to be used but i seriously need help making up my mind

the macbook has a 64mb v.card..
is that enough for work purposes, not including games..

does anyone own a macbook or like know which programs that dont work with it.. if so please help..

the difference between the two laptops are like AUS$1000 and thats a lot of money but im willing to spend it, only if i NEED it. Plus if the programs work but are gonna be laggy, then please say so. I dont want to hear the photoshop works but when i try it, it'll be really laggy. I need to make up my mind ASAP HELP

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO HELPS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Congrats! Welcome to the Board.

I remember how i was last year when i got my first MacMini. ITs such an awsome compters! Apple has really come a long way with the technology and truly the best price and quality for the money and on the market! If you need anything let any of us know. we would be glad to help you out!!!

-Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Is FIFA worth $600?

There's your answer.

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
justin u didnt help me at all...
spiccy i dnt care bout games anymore but yea...
do i need the extra graphics??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
The extra graphics would be nice...but is it worth the extra $600. Only u can decide that. Most ppl are quite happy with their macbooks. The only real advantage the pro would have is 3d graphics (both games and design).

Unless you have the extra $600 just lieing around i would get the macbook and put 2GB of ram in it.

If your want to game then buy an xbox 360 with the extra cash. 13.3" is not alot of real estate to game on anyways ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(30gb 5g ipod) (macbook 2.0Ghz 2gb ram 120gb harddrive)
if your going to be using cs2 and dreamweaver i reccomend the pro with 1gb ram if you cant go that far macbook with 2gb ram and see if you can upgrade the graphics card in apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
if your going to be using cs2 and dreamweaver i reccomend the pro with 1gb ram if you cant go that far macbook with 2gb ram and see if you can upgrade the graphics card in apple.

The macbook has integrated graphics, it doesn't have a deticated graphics card to upgrade. The integrated graphics is into the logic board.

OP
huazhelei
Reaction score
so does that mean as long as i get 2 gb ram, it shud be fine??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, as wytwolf already pointed out:
The macbook has integrated graphics, it doesn't have a deticated graphics card to upgrade. The integrated graphics is into the logic board.
An upgraded video card wouldn't help CS2 or Macromedia Studio apps anyway as they are not 3D programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.