Macbook Discoloration. How long to be repaired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
Well I thought I had found a solution to my discoloation on my macbook but it didnt last long. So I'am thinking about sending it in for repair. I dont want to lose this thing for long so my question is how long would it take for a repair? Someone told me they had it back in like 3-4 days anyone have any information on how long it took for apple to replace the cover?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
try taking it to your apple store first of its conveniant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
i just took mine today, well aparently it takes a while for the store themselves to get it. and once they get it, 5-7 days to fix it. i dont see how replacing the top portion takes more than 30 minutes but o well. im just glad im under warranty, the bill came out to be 386 (i had them get me a new battery too).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
does it cost anything? Why would it cost anything?

Usally the time for it to be fixed is the same for any repair. But if it takes 5-7 days thats sad. Could you take it home once they ordered then bring it back when they got it in?

p.s- How bad is you dicoloration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
umm its not too bad but its a lil annoying, it looks like its dirty and been smudged. no it doesnt cost anything as long as we are under warranty (which we should because it hasnt even been a year since they have been released). Yea they ordered it today and i got to take it back home. You bring it in once the parts have been ordered. make sure you make a backup of everything before you turn it in just in case (thats what the genius who helped me said).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
cool, now I know when you backup everything on a windows hardrive you cant just copy it right back on the hdd and have it be like it was before. (You have to re-install everthing) Is this the same on the macs or can I make a copy of my Hdd onto my external then 'poof' put it all back on.

(doubt it but would be AWESOME)
I'll make sure I will backup my files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.