Airport Extreme Connecting to AES network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
Good Afternoon All!

Ok so I am living at my Dad's for a few weeks (in beteween places) and I need to connect to his wireless network.

I have my powerbook 15inch 1.25ghz with me right now and I am trying to connect to a secure WPA Personal AES network. I can't change the encyption because the network is set up for him to log into his business for working at home and I really don't want to mess up his network (plus one of his Net Eng came out and set it all up for him... I'd hate to mess up his work).

Anyways, I got the login information and such, but everytime I try to connect to the network it tells me the "encryption is not supported"

I have an Airport Extreme card so it should be g wireless and I have run all software updates, etc.

Anyhelp would be appreciated and I'll provide any additional info if needed! I can't stay tethered to this ethernet cord!

btw, it's a linksys router (i can get the info off it if needed). Also, it's set to channel 6. Does this mean anything?

I really know nothing in the networking world!

Thanks!

OP
Bill_Gates
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
NM!

I got it working!
i am an idiot and just made friends with the setup utility!

Thx!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.