Switcher has Automator question...

Reaction score
Applescript to run Automator..

Is there an applescript I can use as my beginning instruction in an Automator workflow to execute the "Run" button on Automator?

I'm new at this but created a simple workflow to play an iTunes playlist and start visuals and also close Automator after it executes, but I still have to click the "Run" button in Automator to execute it after clicking on the workflow- I'm looking for something that will automatically do this step.

OP
F
Reaction score
I did a simple workflow this weekend that starts a playlist and visuals in iTunes and I added an applecript at the end of it to close Automator after it runs.

My question is - is there also an applescript I can use to execute the "Run" button in automator at the beginning of the workflow? Right now i click the workflow but have to wait for Automator, then click it's "Run" button.

Also, are there someneat icons i can download and assign as alias' of Automator workflows?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Cross posting. Merging threads.

Reaction score
I still have to click the "Run" button in Automator to execute it after clicking on the workflow- I'm looking for something that will automatically do this step.
This starts a playlist automatically and hides iTunes when I click on the workflow name (no visuals, though). The third step is an AppleScript saved as an application (shown at the bottom). I haven't tried to get the visuals running after hiding iTunes, though.

1. Get Specified iTunes Items

2. Start iTunes Playing

3. Hide iTunes

No. 3's AppleScript:

tell application "Finder"
activate
set visible of every process whose visible is true and name is "iTunes" to false
end tell

U

UncSki1218

Sounds like you have everything you need your Automator workflow to do but you still need to press run. If so save it as an application that way when you open it it just runs.

In Automator:

File, Save As, Under format choose application

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.