someone help me my iMac G4 started acting weird...anyone know whats wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Alright it all started when i noticed a bit of dust under the "0" (zero) key on the number pad on the right hand side. I popped the zero off and swabbed the dust and replaced the zero. Now it seems whenever I hit a number key both on the number pad (right) or the nuber keys above my letter keys the computer seems to almost freeze up...Then I have to Apple+Option+Esc but nothing is not responding so I X it out and it is unfrozen...

ALSO

When I burn audio CDs the "burnt" area on the bottom where you can notice a lighter ring around the center where it was burnt there seems to be gaps of lighter then a thin dark then another block of light then another ring of dark etc etc and it will only play up into that first break usually the first 1 or 2 songs...but DVDs seem to burn fine, what gives?!

I'm assuming my burner is old and might need replacement which sucks but NO CLUE about the first problem but it really sucks...

anyone know?!?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
how old is your keyboard?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm 2 years old? just the standard apple keyboard

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for all the help!

back to ilounge...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.