Overheating

D

drew21

Hey guys, i just got a macbook pro and i plan to use cs2 on it. I was wondering has anyone experienced overheating with the macpros yet? I've only had the fans kick on once when i was watching a movie. Since then i've downloaded a heat monitor. Can anyone tell me how hot these things run with photoshop? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
Im not sure about an exact temp....but it's not too bad. the MBP gets warm, but not extremely hot, (like my macbook before firmware update)

OP
T

todd51

Did the MBP ever get firmware updates? Mine sometimes get's pretty hot to be almost unbearable sometimes when i have it sitting on my lap. Even though I know it's not supposed to be used on the lap all the time, I do it quite often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
yes...firmware was updated a few months back......you should do it ASAP....it cuts down on the heat tremendously

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB HD
... so where do I go to get this firmware update? Is it fairly safe to update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
Go into system preferences and then software updates. Look at installed updates and you can see if its been done from previous updates. If not then check for updates and it should come up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.