HELP! Crazy screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
I just turned my PowerBook on tonight, and I've got these crazy blue/purple blotches all over my desktop. The blotches are fuzzy and blinking.

What is wrong with my PowerBook?

Recently I've also been experiencing problems with my date and time when I turn the computer on. It tells me that the date is set before March 2001.
I was told to bring my PowerBook into the Apple store for this problem in another thread, but I havent' had a chance yet.

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Not sure about the colors, but the clock resetting means that your systems cmos battery is dead and can't store the information about the time

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm bringing my PowerBook to the Genius Bar tomorrow to have them look at it.
I even tried re-installing Tiger and yet the problem persists.

There are these patches of purple pixelation all over the screen. It flickers and and is incredibly distracting.

I have AppleCare, so I should be all set...

Reaction score
hey.. i have the same problem with the purple blotches.. ive had this problem for a year or so.. it's been a month since the last post so hopefully you resolved this issue... if so can you tell me what the problem is? im no longer under the apple care so maybe im screwed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
Reset the PRAM and the PMU....this may save you a trip to the apple store.

Reaction score
haha.. im sorry im a newb.. what's the PRAM and the PMU and how do i reset it? thanks for the fast reply though.. haha. didnt expect someone to answer that in 2 minutes..

Reaction score
well.. i looked it up and reset the PRAM.... (i still dont really know what it is).. but low and behold... the purple blotches returned.... blah.. and i read about the PMU but doesn't that reset everything on my mac? like... erase everything? arghh. i juss wanna get rid of these annoying blotches that come up from time to time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
no, resetting the PMU will not erase your Mac. you may have to reset the time and date, but other than that, everthing will be exactly the same

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.