Converting a PDF from RGB to CMYK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Hello all

I have been working with PDF's and was wondering if it was possible to convert one from RGB to CMYK using Acrobat?

Cheers

Jim

Reaction score
I use a plugin for Acrobat from quite.com called Quite A Box of Tricks. I work at a commercial printing company and have used it for many years.

OP
jim007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Thanks for that hargo...

You're a legend!!!

OP
jim007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
I have found when I convert a PDF from RGB to CMYK, it becomes lighter.

Is there any way of changing the colour levels of the PDF as you can do in Photoshop with jpg's?

Reaction score
jim007 said:

Is there any way of changing the colour levels of the PDF as you can do in Photoshop with jpg's?

Yes, this can be changed. You will have to apply on of the standard colour profiles. In the colour options choose setup and check the ICC Profile box and choose on of the profiles, usually either Photoshop or Swap Coated work best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
jim007 said:

you should try a test print first though. Very rarely do the print and screen image match. If the test print isn't what you want, adjust to that, not just what you see on the screen - that could take you farther from the ideal print.

Does it lighten the entire document, or selected tones? On default settings, it's natural for colour shifts to occur.

Rather than levels/curves, there are other ways (in photoshop) to ensure colour conversion goes the way you want. I'm a bit rusty, but it would help divide up (and mix) the colours better.

OP
jim007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Thanks guys... I will give that a shot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.