setting up a POP mail server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
anyone want to walk me through setting up a mail server through the mail program on a macbook? i'd like to set up either my gmail account or my school email... school email would be preferrable. i dont know the server names or anything like that, so i'd need the help. maybe if someone wants to IM me, playorbeplayd21 and help that'd be awesome.

A

Appleseed

I assume you mean you need help config your POP3 accounts. Not POP Server, which is what Gmail and your school is running to deliver your mail. Anyway you'll need to know the MX (mail exchange) server. Additionally your can forward your gmail, I think -- I don't use it. You are required to know the account information of MX server.

Otherwise open "Mail" application. Once running select "Mail" from the header - top left of the entire screen. Select "Preferences" and add your info there. You'll need to know your POP3 or IMAP servers as well as your SMTP server, username and password. To add another account select the + in the bottom left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
raidair21 said:
i dont know the server names or anything like that, so i'd need the help. maybe if someone wants to IM me, playorbeplayd21 and help that'd be awesome.
If you don't know the server names, then the only people who can help you are the ones who provide your email. I would strongly suggest contacting your school's IT department for that information.
Anyone here can only speculate as to what those server names and config might be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.