saving files to desktop do not appear there..

Reaction score
When i save text files to my desktop (On osx tiger), the files do not appear on my desktop until i look up what name the file was saved as in spotlight, and then click "get info" on the file in the spolight. Only then does the file appear to be on my desktop!

Why must i look up the saved file in spotlight for it to appear on the desktop?

S

slowalker

Save to Desktop

This also drove me nuts until I found the answer. If you look through the larger save menu you may see another desktop, if so select that one then the file goes to the real desktop. If it doesn't appear in ten secs click on an empty spot on the desktop and it'll pop up.
Don't ask me why there are two desktops, maybe one is for OS 9, I'm not an expert but it works fine for me now.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Liar, you don't have 10.5! :eek:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have never had that happen with 10.2, 10.3 or 10.4. There is no 10.5. That is Leopard and it's not out yet.

maybe what slowalker said is the trouble. I don't have 2 desktops though.

OP
S
Reaction score
slowalker said:
This also drove me nuts until I found the answer. If you look through the larger save menu you may see another desktop, if so select that one then the file goes to the real desktop. If it doesn't appear in ten secs click on an empty spot on the desktop and it'll pop up.
Don't ask me why there are two desktops, maybe one is for OS 9, I'm not an expert but it works fine for me now.
Good luck!

Thanks so much! This worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.