Is there a cricket in my machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.0Ghz 2GB RAM 64MB GForce
Hello everyone, I'm about 3 months into the Mac experience. I had a 1.8Ghz 1GB Ram machine, then I upgraded to a dual 2.0Ghz 2GB Ram machine.

I have the same graphics card in both machines. Now I would of course think that my new machine would be much better/faster, and so far so good. However, when I went to play my new online game on THIS NEW machine, as soon as I start playing I get a crazy high pitched bird/cricket sound coming from inside the machine! As soon as I stop playing the game, the sound stops.

Any ideas? I kind of worry when buying a used computer, I mean it's in good shape and not too old, but it concerns me nonetheless.

Thanks all

Reaction score
I can't say that being online, whether gaming/browsing would cause such sounds from your computer.....

Is there any consistancy to this....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are you saying it is the same exact graphics card you had in your last one or you purchased the same one and have it in both machines??? reason i mention is maybe your graphics card fan is messed up and causing the n oise.... see if it does anything similar while watching movies or something
-chris

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.0Ghz 2GB RAM 64MB GForce
hey thanks for the replies. No it's not the same physical graphics card, but the exact same model. I haven't noticed the sound when I watch movies, but granted I haven't done too much of that. The sound starts and stops like clockwork whenever I start or stop playing the game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.