Using XP Internet Explorer Favorites in Safari-Best Web Browser

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find this discussed anywhere in these forums. I am switching to Mac but will be using Windows machines also. I have a very large collection of Internet Explorer 6 Favorites in Windows XP. Is there any way to import these into Safari? I'd like it so I can share them (use the same Favorites folder that I could copy from my Windows machine) but if I have to import or export them that is fine also.
Of course I'm new to Mac. Is Safari what most people use? I see Internet Explorer is no longer out for Mac but I know there are other options such as Firefox. I use a lot of web sites for research and favorites and I want something that is compatible with many web sites including many financial web sites I use for stock market analysis, etc.

U

UncSki1218

Safari and Firefox are the most popular. They are both very fast and very easy to use. I use Safari, but for what you are doing Firefox might be a better bet as it is a little more compatible. It has the ability to add many extensions and plug-ins.

As far as the bookmarks go I have no idea. Since they're not even on the same computer it may be difficult. My only idea would be to create a del.icio.us account. Upload all of your bookmarks to your account from the PC. Then on the mac try to download all of them. I don't use del.icio.us and don't know if this would work but it's a thought.

http://del.icio.us

Reaction score
markw10 said:
I did a search and didn't find this discussed anywhere in these forums. I am switching to Mac but will be using Windows machines also. I have a very large collection of Internet Explorer 6 Favorites in Windows XP. Is there any way to import these into Safari? I'd like it so I can share them (use the same Favorites folder that I could copy from my Windows machine) but if I have to import or export them that is fine also.
Of course I'm new to Mac. Is Safari what most people use? I see Internet Explorer is no longer out for Mac but I know there are other options such as Firefox. I use a lot of web sites for research and favorites and I want something that is compatible with many web sites including many financial web sites I use for stock market analysis, etc.

1. On windows, launch Internet Explorer then navigate to the file menu and
click on Import and Export,

2. Select to Export your Favourites,

3. Select the top folder of your Favourites to export them all,

4. Select 'Export Them To A File' and save them (Changing the ending from htm to html (Safari only accepts .html files, not .htm if I remember)

5. Copy the .html file to your Mac, or send it to yourself via email,

6. Launch Safari, then navigate to the file menu and click on Import Bookmarks,

7. Select the file you just imported from your PC and all your bookmarks have now been imported to Safari!

If you have probs importing the .html file into Safari, then the software at this link will help:

http://www.celestialfrontiers.com/safari_enhancer.php

:dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.