confused about airport extreme

tws

Reaction score
folks,

i'm muddling thru various threads trying to get a handle on the macbookpro technology.

i've cut and pasted the communication specs for the macbookpro below.

Communications

* Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme wireless networking (802.11g standard)
* Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
* Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

i don't fully understand the merits of the built-in airport or bluetooth?

my home desktop system utilizes an ethernet card for our cable connection so i dig that the RJ-45 connector is for dsl or cable internet.

i would be using this laptop principely for photoshop CS2 however, my work, in remote areas of northern nevada is internet barren... my hope however is to visit town and try and gain wireless access...

something i know nothing about.

can anyone direct me to an apple laptop airport mobile blogging faq?

or explain exactly what airport extreme or bluetooth can do for me as it applies to internet access?

thanks for an excellent forum.

tws

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Airport Extreme is a wifi card. This allows you to access wireless networks/hotspots when you want to. You could purchase a wireless router for your home and connect to the internet wirelessly very easily with it.

Bluetooth doesn't have as much use for internet in general use but is good for peripherals. You can learn more about it http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Learn/ here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.