FrontRow makes macbook freeze??

Reaction score
hey-
just got a macbook today and was super excited when i got the "frontrow" feature figured out. I'm REALLY into music videos so i was planning on using the "videos" section lot! But most of the time when I get into that part of FrontRow-it freezes my mac!!

I have to wait between 5 and 10 minutes for it to un-freeze if I don't want to turn of the machine completely!

Do you think this is something I should get fixed? Something that will fix itself? Something I caused? Or should I exchange the computer??

THANKS!

K

krnk123

deathtolife04 said:
hey-
just got a macbook today and was super excited when i got the "frontrow" feature figured out. I'm REALLY into music videos so i was planning on using the "videos" section lot! But most of the time when I get into that part of FrontRow-it freezes my mac!!

I have to wait between 5 and 10 minutes for it to un-freeze if I don't want to turn of the machine completely!

Do you think this is something I should get fixed? Something that will fix itself? Something I caused? Or should I exchange the computer??

THANKS!

well what were you doing when it froze. Were you trying to look at movie trailers or where you looking for shard music, pic, ect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How much RAM do you have? What/how many other apps do you have running at the same time? If you are overloading the system, you have you are going to have choke-ups like that.

OP
D
Reaction score
well...

krnk123 said:
well what were you doing when it froze. Were you trying to look at movie trailers or where you looking for shard music, pic, ect.

well it usually happens when I am scrolling through those things....
the options under videos i mean...

OP
D
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
How much RAM do you have? What/how many other apps do you have running at the same time? If you are overloading the system, you have you are going to have choke-ups like that.

Does 64 MB sound right????? i have however much RAM comes standard with the $1300 macbook

i believe i only had one other app open....iTunes i think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
deathtolife04 said:
Does 64 MB sound right????? i have however much RAM comes standard with the $1300 macbook

i believe i only had one other app open....iTunes i think.
If you have the standard MacBook, then you have 512 MB of RAM.
That should be plenty, if you only have one other app open. Go to:
Applications>Utilities>Activity Monitor and see what apps you have running.
If you have more than iTunes, you will have to fully quit those other open apps and try it again.

OP
D
Reaction score
I just tried it with all other apps closed and it worked perfectly!!
Hopefully that was the problem-having other apps open :D

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. Time for mare ram methinks!

Reaction score
I usually go here for ram:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.asp

I don't know if it's the cheapest, but it's cheaper than Apple, and I've never (knock on wood) had any trouble with any I've bought from there.
If you're in the US then alot of people talk about Newegg being good, I'm in the UK so I can't tell you first hand, but they could be worth a try.

Hope that helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.