iBook to Macbook iTunes question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
What would be the best way to move my iBook libary to my new MacBook I will be getting tomorrow, without losing the files that I renamed, will I have to rename them all again?

Reaction score
Solutions

Justin5117 said:
What would be the best way to move my iBook libary to my new MacBook I will be getting tomorrow, without losing the files that I renamed, will I have to rename them all again?

I would suggest networking them via cat 5, it would transfer 100MBS and if you just transfer from one itunes folder to the other. It would be fast and cheap. But if you are like me, you wont have any idea how to network macs.

if you cant network macs(just like me)

i would then consider an external hard drive. It would be a little bit slower, but would be just as easy, but would cost more money if you dont allready have an external hard drive.

That is my honest opinion.

Matt

Reaction score
During your initial startup, it will ask you if you would like to transfer any data from another Mac to your new one. Just follow the onscreen instructions. Be sure to have a fire wire cable ready.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.