Multi-tasking & hard drive serious help needed

D

Dreww

I got a macbook a week ago, i really like this guy. This is the first mac ive ever owned but I have used several others

My two main problems are that this computer tends to lock-up a lot when running multiple programs (msn, i chat, safari itunes and garage band). I dont know if im doing to much or if it is my computer, but I've been force quitting a lot and also experiencing delayed access to the dashboard

also the hardrive which is 60 gb only has 24 left on it after installing microsoft office lime wire, and adding roughly 13 gb of music. Still 36 gb seems like a lot to be used up already.

$edit$
i downloaded disk inventory x just now so im going to see what its all about in regards to problem #2

Any help is appreciated and thanks for letting me be a part of your ballin' forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
how much RAM do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
get more ram. max it out. have some fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
get a bigger hd too our delete the printdrivers and stuff you wont use

OP
D

Dreww

im going to maxtor this in the comming months, this guy burned a little hole in my pocket for now.

right before i came back to here i deleteed printer drivers and old garage band songs. which was gigs of memory.

this is running flow now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.